Thursday 4 February 2010

Reflection on the facebook group

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?v=app_2373072738&gid=289804698745#!/group.php?v=wall&gid=289804698745

To be honest. I'm a snobbish Malaysian who commented on Malaysian overall film without seeing a lot of movies. Aha! A universal moment! Well thanks to the crappy Malaysian films playing in the cinema. Lowers our morality and trust in Malaysian Film Industry.


However that does not mean we lack of talent. Rather Malaysia lacks guidance and inspiration for future filmmakers. There are great films that didn't reach the audience for example, "Sell Out" which came out last May and most of my friends have to idea it exist. Check the trailer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bX5Jv0Rt9PI&feature=related

I'm dying to see this Malaysia film but it can't be reach. Not in cetak rompak not even in DVD shop. What happened here??

So on of the main reason is of this group is to build trust between the filmmakers work and the audience as well as to inspire each other. The admin will do the best to relate more work so you can have a say. Remember your voice counts. Your voice decides how far the work can reach the audience.

Another reason is to promote Malaysia. As i said in the invitation notes, I'm proud to show Yasmin Ahmad Muhksin to my British colleague here who do film and they love it. Get more PEOPLE inside, 'the more people there is the easier the filmmaking progresses'.

There you go, a short essay! Lol!

3 comments:

  1. I was part of the script evaluating team of Sell Out during my time in Malaysia.. I was reading it while laughing non stopping, i wasnt evaluating i was having too much fun! But i havent got to see it yet. where can i see it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! My friend was in that movie! I will ask him where to get it from =DD

    ReplyDelete
  3. I asked a friend who knows the director and so far no dvd's are out T.T

    ReplyDelete