Thursday 25 March 2010

When in London in Easter

Go for the sports relief charity run!


I did it! and 'twas awesome! There was so much energy in the air so the atmosphere was really electrifying. Went with nurul debbie and aina for the run at embankment last sunday. At first I was totally  skeptical because:

1. I am sports person of the year
2. Why would I willingly get up at 7 am on a sunday???
3. the 3 mile run was basically running to and from embankment to temple 3 times! (so technically you can only do even number runs cos of the walk back. They tell you its 1, 3 or 6 mile runs but really its 2, 4 and 6) so I assumed that the view would be beyond boring.
4. Remember the cross country nightmares back in school...? 

However these things really changed my point of view
1. Waking up early made me feel really really good about myself
2. People got really dressed up for the run and that made the view really interesting. (i was dressed as a sports person ;) ) There were tons of ballerinas, two bananas, a pair of mini mice, hula girls, a buzz light year, some super nerds, superwoman...............................which made me start thinking of themes that we could use next year
3. The weather that day was perfectly beautiful which made London look so much better (especially the view where you cross the waterloo bridge)
4. Their music selection was really good and that kept everyone's spirits up
5.There were street performers along the way which meant there was never a dull moment
6. I GOT A MEDAL!!!! (ok so did everyone else but getting something for doing sports is a big deal for me because it almost never happens)

so guys join our group next year! Our theme will be ORANG KAMPUNG ON THE RUN! complete with kompang and msian flags! if we stand out enough we might get on teevee!


Watched Alice in wonderland 3d on saturday. Major let down. but it was quite entertaining
so dont waste your time
and watch The Sinking Of Japan instead!!Thats probably one of the best omgitstheendoftheworld movies i have seen so far.

Watched a documentary on bbc3 the other day called Women, Weddings, War and Me. Which is about a 21 year old girl who came to London when she was 6 and has decided to go back to Afghanistan to discover what might have been.............................
It was really moving and makes me appreciate my opportunities in life a lot more.
The link! http://bit.ly/9HBGMq


This weekend: lunch at kensington palace! and how to train your dragon

No comments:

Post a Comment