Monday 18 January 2010

Penang Pepsi (2008) report

WHEEL 1
I used the video for my assignment and re-edit it. It is to give reasons to everything I do for the vid.

REPORT

This video is re-edited with different music and colour. The Penang Pepsi video is inspired by the Pepsi brand’s advertisement video; shots of people moving their heads to the rhythm of the music. Therefore the name Pepsi is on the video title. Penang is a name of a state, also an island, in Malaysia. As the 8 of us friends travel in various tourist places in Penang, we take a video of ourselves shaking our heads using 2 digital camera, a canon and a sony cameras. The camera does not have the best quality for video images but it is the most portable gadget for the trip.

Finding a specific footage for editing quite easy for me as the footage is already organized by my friend, Shareen. Using only adobe premiere pro for editing, the footages taken from the 2nd camera, a sony brand, is a bit blurry. Plus the colour and exposure proved to be near impossible to fix.

The introduction, before the beat begins, I call it the holiday mood; I extracted the colours except one colour in each shot. The reason for that is to experiment with the audience’s eyes to react in calm mood. Well it did for me. Then the main section is when the rhythm starts there are the shots of us in various places we went. I left some parts with extracted colour and some not. Again the experiment’s reason is to calm the eye from the fast changes of shots in the video. There is a blank section in the middle of the video; it is there to rest the audience. My theory come football game, there is a half time break for the same reason as well as to get excitement for more.

As for the music, I put a slow pace instrumental music just as how you would find the music in a holiday hotel atmosphere. You will find there is a diegetic music in some shots. As a person in a holiday, I would love to relax in a place where there are small number of people present and few talking or sounds from another person in the background. That is the theory for the editing. Then the main section is a faster beat music with a lyric that will just motivate you to do anything, I would use that while driving, jogging or in a gym.

Lastly, there is a last shot of my friend, Firdaus, it is just there to be playful. As my friend is not saying what he wants to say properly plus the weird costume. And it follows with laughter.

WHEEL 1

What do you think?


No comments:

Post a Comment